Sunday, March 24, 2013

Watermelon Fresca


It was a hot and beautiful day here today which calls for some sunbathing.  I spent hours laying out and finishing up Gone Girl.  (Good book, terrible ending.)  All that time in the sun meant I was hot and dehydrated.  I decided to make watermelon fresca to cool off.  Most fresca recipes include sugar, but you really don't need it here.  This watermelon was very sweet on its own.  I started with a 5lb watermelon and cut it in half.


Then I started to cut the rind off.


Tune was hot, too, and happily gobbled up a bite of watermelon.


I cut the watermelon in cubes to make it fit in my blender, and then blended until smooth.  


Today is laundry day and Tune is having one last nap before the sheets are washed.


This is the finished product. (Yes, I drink out of jars with the label still partly attached.)  


Ingredient:
1 watermelon, chilled

Directions:
Blend until smooth and enjoy

Variations:
-add fresh mint or any other herbs that sound good
-watermelon margarita anyone?
-pour in popsicle mold and make pops

No comments: